Sunday, February 8, 2015


Made some solid progress this weekend. After spending 3 hours punching out plates for the armor I was able to lay them down as well as getting the breast plate and belt roughed in.

Sunday, January 18, 2015

So I was able to rough in the head today. Not completely sold on it yet. I'm going to play around with the jaw and forehead a bit more.

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Was finally able to put some time in on her today. Still getting the body roughed in and started playing with ways to get a nice smooth surface.

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

final armature

Finished the armature. Good thing I waited the weekend to put clay on it as I had to go back and shorten the arms. Ill need to build a two piece armature for the pommel so the arms can stay separate for molding. Now the fun can begin.

Saturday, January 10, 2015

from the beginning again.....

Okay, so my efforts to post regularly on my last project failed. Good news I finished the project and will post pics of the finished painted piece soon.

My next project is a joint project with a good friend of mine from work. I decided I wanted to sculpt an original character this time rather than pulling existing characters from my favorite cartoons. Rather than stress trying to come up with one on my own I asked Dustin if we would be interested in designing a character that I would then sculpt. He of course jumped at the chance. Below is his Scarlet Warrior...

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

from the beginning

So this time around I'm going to post as I go instead of all at once at the end.

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Finished cast of Rocksteady

sculpted, molded, and finally cast.